This will be my first attempt at blogging - so here we go!
I chose the blog title, "Simply Amazing Grace," for a couple of reasons. First, read it as "simply amazing GRACE." It is all about grace; it is all through grace; it is all from grace. Grace is the unbelievable, multi-faceted activity of God through which He acts in our lives. There is saving grace, in which He reaches down to us in our state of rebellion, and draws us to Himself. It is by this grace that we are saved from the penalty and power of sin, that we are forgiven and readied for heaven. However, beyond saving grace is the grace of God that we experience day by day. It is by His grace that we are sustained, that we are strengthened, through which our daily needs are met, by which we are supplied with the means to carry on in this life. It is also by this grace that we are sanctified, being more and more conformed to the image of Jesus Christ.
Second, read it as "simply AMAZING grace." I am truly amazed when I pause for a moment and remind myself that it is the actions of the Creator of the universe who acts on my behalf to supply, sustain and strengthen me. It is amazing beyond words to consider the fact that the God who spoke this universe into being actually cares about me. But not only does He care, He cares for, takes care of, me along with all His other children. He loved me enough to give His own Son, Jesus Christ, to pay the penalty for my sin, to make it possible that I become His child, and a co-heir with Jesus! Truly, that is amazing grace.
And third, it is "SIMPLY amazing grace." What I mean by that is that it is all done simply by grace. Nothing simple about it from my human perspective: rather, it is one of the most profound things I could ever conceive. But from God's perspective, it is simply, amazing, grace.
I hope to utilize this blog to exalt Him: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. He deserves every attempt I can make at bringing glory to Him, because He is so worthy of all worship, glory and praise. I invite you to join me for a journey, living out the blessing of simply, amazing, grace.
Wonderful blog Steve. You are 100% correct, it is SIMPLY, AMAZING, GRACE, through which we will see God's face one day and worship our Lord and Savior forever and ever.
ReplyDeleteThe Carrington's in Garland, Texas miss you and your family terribly. We look forward to more wonderful blogs to come.
God Bless you and yours in all things.
Cynthia Carrington